meta name="p:domain_verify" content="64879cbe134de85545e2f8c10b95cb65" Books, Art and Teaching: THE RAINBOW BOOK & Rainbow Mosaic Collage

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

THE RAINBOW BOOK & Rainbow Mosaic Collage


This was the second rainbow project I did with Kindergarten to reinforce the order of a rainbow. Reading THE RAINBOW BOOK also gave us chance to talk about the way colors can relate to feelings.



After a demonstration on the document camera students began by folding, drawing and cutting a heart for the center of their collage. I always ask students to check with me before cutting since hearts can be tricky! Then, students used strips of paper from orange to purple to cut into different shapes for their mosaic. We reviewed rainbow order and also talked a bit about symmetry. I love the way each student interpreted this differently, but all the variations were beautiful and successful. I'm publishing these on ARTSONIA as my Mother's Day fundraiser.




No comments:

Post a Comment

MARGUERITE MAKES A BOOK and Illuminated Letters

As part of our year-long unit on Art History 4th and 5th graders learned about the history of illuminated manuscripts. They began by...